- Upper case and intermediate housing exploded view parts drawing. Please see bottom of this page to view repair
- Electric shift Stringer 400-800 series stern-drive years 1972-1985. Press on older type years 1968-1972.
covers, oil seals, and O-rings are included in kit. See our video for a list of suggested repair tools.
requires 262, 609 or 680 Loctite be installed on tapper area area and driven shaft as this is required to seal upper case.
- 262 Red Loctite should be placed on thread area of
nut. The nut should be tighten about 90-100 foot lbs. using a 1-1/8 inch socket.
- Timken bearing pre loaded including
seals with oil placed in them before assembly. Per-load should be 25 to 30 inch pounds with OMC the pinion shaft and ball
gear assembly in place. Nut thread area should have Loctite thread lock applied, red or blue compound will work.
loctite gasket flange sealant or silicon can be used for covering the nut and lip of the plug. Spray a clear lacquer paint
to seal the cover plug to stop it from rusting.
- Need help troubleshooting that are wearing out to soon.